Home Swedish Massages.
I am a fully qualified therapist having completed a years course at The College of West Anglia in Kings Lynn. .
A home Swedish massage by Sally makes the perfect surprise birthday gift, anniversary or Christmas gift for that special someone in your life, especially for the person who already has everything in their life.
Sally’s full body relaxing Swedish massage uses only the finest or Grapeseed oil.
Massages take place on my portable, sturdy & comfortable Affinity Classic massage table they take about 1 hour.
What is a Swedish Massage
Swedish Massage is the classic oil massage and consists of slow rhythmic manipulation of the muscles Purpose of Swedish Massage. The main purpose of Swedish massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Swedish massage shortens recovery time from muscular strain by flushing the tissues of lactic acid, uric acid, and other metabolic wastes. It increases circulation without increasing heart load. It stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable. Swedish massage also stimulates the skin and nervous system and soothes the nerves themselves at the same time. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested in a regular program for stress management.
Swedish Massage Techniques.
- Effleurage: Gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Petrissage: Kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingers.
- Friction: Circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingers.
- Vibration: Oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body.
- Percussion: Brisk hacking or tapping
Benefits of Swedish Massage.
- Reduces Stress.
- Improves Circulation of Blood and Lymph fluids.
- Reduces physical and mental fatigue.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Increases athletic performance.
- Aids in relieving mild depression.
- Increases the ability to think more clearly.
Common conditions that therapeutic massage helps:
- Stress : Headaches : Myofascial pain : Neck and Shoulder pain
- Low back and hip pain : Carpal Tunnel : TMJ Syndrome : Whiplash
- Sports Injuries : Fibromyalgia : Insomnia
Please call / text my Mobile: 07843 261254
All clients must fill in a massage consultation form before any treatment. Please ask for a postal form or fill in my confidential online form here