If all goes to plan I hope this Advanced and Deep Tissue Massage Course will be the next massage course I do….
I will do it with Gateway workshops and this is what they have to say about the course…
This course will teach you how to apply Deep Tissue and Advanced Massage Techniques
- The Deep Muscles of the legs including Hamstrings, Illio-Tibial Band & Quads
- Muscles of the lower leg such as the Gastrocnemius
- Muscles of the Back
- Muscles of the Arms and Shoulders
The course aims to help you develop advanced massage techniques which will enable you to be more confident and specific in your treatments. This gives the potential to expand your client base as you will be able to offer more than just a relaxing massage. You will be able to treat clients with muscular pain and tenderness and lack of flexibility with more confidence.
Participants will have a good understanding of:
- Adopting correct working posture for deep tissue work and hands free massage techniques
- Observing client posture
- How to develop their palpation skills
- Recognising trigger points and how to apply the correct techniques for treating them
- Utilizing Neuromuscular Techniques and other advanced massage techniques to treat specific areas
- How to perform a massage routine incorporating advanced massage techniques.
What conditions is deep tissue massage used for?
- Chronic pain
- Limited mobility
- Recovery from injuries (e.g. whiplash, falls, sports injury)
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Postural problems
- Osteoarthritis pain
- Muscle tension or spasm
As Geoff is suffering from spasms in his big toe I think he will be pleased about this 🙂
I hope to do this course in August !